Saturday 1 November 2014

Dracula Untold Movie Review

Hey guys!

Last weekend, I had the pleasure to watch "Dracula Untold" in the cinemas and I must say, that I really loved the movie! Before I watched the movie, I was really excited to watch it because the trailer looks really good! But after awhile, people started posting up reviews saying how Dracula wasn't as good a movie as they expected it to be. However,the movie really got me entranced from the start. I really loved how they started the movie like all tales, with a narrator. This particular narrator and the accompanying images sent chills down my spine and my anticipation for the movie to progress grew. 

*There will be spoilers for Dracula Untold here!

Now here comes the part where they introduce the main character, Vlad Tepes, who is played by actor Luke Evans. I was really impressed by how he pulled out the "Warrior" look. Those lines on his face that speak of wisdom, hardened by the warfare he was thrown into when he was a mere child. A body that speaks of a thousand hardships, and a man. Though hardened by warfare this prince, Vlad, showed that even an unfeeling warrior such as he was capable of love. He had a family - A beautiful wife Mirena (Played by Sarah Gadon) and an adorable son Ingeras (Played by Art Parkinson). 

The love in the family was evident as the bond between them are strong. This movie focuses on family and the lengths our parents will go just for our children. It also shows how shitty humans are. I'm not even kidding. Yea, I know we humans are a shitty race but this movie really shows how we really are: Monsters. I really loved the quotes in the movie but my favorite would be from Vlad "Men do not fear swords. They fear Monsters" and another by Master Vampire "There is a price for power" . You have to agree that both statements are really true. Who fears swords nowadays? Some even welcome them as they may be tired of living. But monsters, we fear. 

I'm not going to continue this as if I do, I'm pretty sure I'd end up telling you all the entire story of Dracula! I urge you to watch this film, and also, do not simply look at the action. Look deeper into the plot. 

This isn't counted as a blogpost! I'll be updating every Saturday so do stay tuned!

Love, 

Meredith

No comments:

Post a Comment